What is Hectorol used for?
Hectorol is used to lower high parathyroid hormone (iPTH) levels in patients with Stage 5 chronic kidneydisease on dialysis
Hectorol capsules are also used to lower high parathyroid hormonein patients with Stage 3 or Stage 4 chronic kidney disease who are not ondialysis.
Who should notbe treated with Hectorol?
- People with a high level of calcium in the blood.
- People with signs of extremely high levels of vitamin D.
Special Warningswith Hectorol:
Periodic monitoring of your condition by your doctor isimportant while being treated with Hectorol.
- Because Hectorol affects the absorption of calcium be the body, it is important for you and your doctor to be aware of the early symptoms of too much calcium in your blood, including weakness, headache, excessive sleepiness, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation, muscle pain, bone pain and metal taste in your mouth. If you have these symptoms, contact your doctor right away. Later symptoms include frequent need to urinate, loss of appetite, weight loss, pink eye, sensitivity to sunlight, nasal discharge, skin itching, and fever.
General Precautions with Hectorol:
- Do not take Hectorol with magnesium containing antacids, because these may cause too much magnesium to build up in your body.
- Do not take Hectorol with mineral oil or cholesterol-lowering drugs containing cholestyramine, because these may reduce the amount of Hectorol absorbed by your body.
What should Itell my doctor or health care provider?
Because certain other medications can interact with Hectorol, review all medications that you are taking withyour health care provider, including those that you take without aprescription.
Tell your health care provider if you are trying to becomepregnant, are already pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
What are somepossible side effects of Hectorol?
(This is NOT a complete list of side effects reportedwith Hectorol. Your health care provider can discusswith you a more complete list of side effects.)
Side effects of Hectorol are, ingeneral, similar to those of high blood calcium associated with too muchvitamin D intake. Some side effects are:
- Generally not feeling well
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
- Weight gain
For more detailedinformation about Hectorol, ask your health careprovider.
Drugwebstore.com online store offers prescription drugs and no prescription pharmacy drugs. Buy hectorol capsules at best price available in market. Read description, dosage, information and customers reviews about hectorol (doxercalciferol) to find usage, benefits and side effects.